Monday, May 14, 2012

Continue to Hope Part 2

Last week I started a list of seven ways to continue one’s hope. It is a list I received from Vesta Mangun years ago. I have preached and taught this list and try to personally live it.
Before I give you the last four points I want to share part of an email I received from Misty in response to last week’s article. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Misty wrote;
 This came to me while reading my Bible in the fall last year, just before my surgery.   It really helped my perspective in getting through all of that.
Hebrews 12:1 is such a common verse, but something stuck out to me that I had never seen or heard before.   For reference, the whole verse is, "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us."   
The part I put in bold JUMPED out at me.    With running a race, you don't run with patience, you are trying to hurry as fast as you can.   Patience and running don't go together.   It's an oxy-moron.  But the Lord is telling us, your race has been set.   Your obstacle course is already in order.   Nothing surprises Him, as your journey is established.....MY job is to run it with patience.   In those difficult times, be patient.   When you're waiting for that blessing, be patient.   In my recovery, I had to be patient.   It was what the Lord orchestrated in my life, I had to patiently run the race that was set before me.
I'm so thankful the Lord establishes our steps!  Thanks for letting me share.  Have a great day, while you run with patience!   
Thanks Misty for those wonderful words.
Here are the last four points from last week. Enjoy!
1.      Remember every trial is only temporary.
In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, 1Peter 1:6-7 NKJV 
The storm can’t last forever! A season is only an area in life. The sun will rise and will set but it will rise again. The winter will not last forever. Spring will come again with fresh growth and start you towards a new harvest and production.  It is a hot oven that produces fresh bread. God is a God of all seasons and the season will change!
2.      Look at hard times as discipline, not condemnation.
"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. John 15:1-6 NKJV 
A fruit tree bears fruit on new branches. Pruning or cutting will produce more new branches, thus giving more new fruit. It is the will of God that we produce much fruit. Discipline causes us to do a better job. Don’t allow your circumstances to make you bitter. Allow tuff times to cause you to grow. Remember clay is shaped under pressure, hardened in fire, then used in honor.
3.      Keep your sense of humor; laughter is the best medicine.
A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones.
Proverbs 17:22 NKJV

What happens to us is not nearly as important as how we respond. Dried bones are lifeless and only a miracle from God ever changed them. We can become so bitter and crushed that we dry up and become a bitter life void of anything productive.
Dried bones are only a reminder of what used to be, they are skeletons of past greatness. We can’t allow our life to go down that road. There are many reasons and blessings to still smile about.
4.      Count your blessing; rejoice greatly!
A remedy that will work! Cling to all your past blessings and answered prayers. Don’t forget to remind the devil, this world, and yourself of what God has done for you in the past, and the prayers that the Lord has answered before. If He did it once He will do it again. If God has touched me before He will put His hand on me again!
Remember to praise and worship, shout and sing before the wall falls, because it will fall again.
Hope, it is in the Lord. I can’t lose hope because if I do it is as if God doesn’t matter to me. I could easily step across that line and become an unbeliever if I lose hope. Yes, life will take the living out of you, so for that reason alone we can’t lose the hope God has promised us.
I must get hold with both hands the promises of God that is where my hope is. My hope is in the Lord.
And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee. Psalm 39:7
Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God: Psalm 146:5
It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
Lamentations 3:22-25 

No comments: