Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Wow! This mornings devotion was like a fine meal. It really it the spot for me. It was centered around Philippians 4:6 "Pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks". The writer said that Heaven knows no difference between Sunday morning and Wednesday afternoon. He went on to say that we may go days without thinking of God but God never stops thinking of us. I really needed that this morning.
I find my life often gets cluttered up and like Paul in the scripture. I have actions I don't want to have. I do things I don't want to do. (Romans 7:15-21) I told God this morning that I need His help to think better. It is amazing how this mind can pull us down. I don't want to get distracted in the mist of a miracle. Like Peter in scripture (Matthew 14:30), while he walked on the water, it is easy to start looking at things around us and lose sight of Jesus and the miracle he is working in our life.
So this morning I took a deep spiritual breath and smiled when I remembered that God is thinking of me. So I prayed God help me to capture every thought and make it give up and obey Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5)

May you too remember that there is a miracle going on in your life so don't get distracted by the storm, Jesus is walking on your waves.

No comments: